The 1U Tiles have been built to fit between Vector rails. Other brands may not have as much space between the rails, so please check the PCB dimensions below before building a case for Tiles.
Tiles are powered with a 3-pin keyed Futaba-style connector, which provides the module with +/-12V and GND. The 3-pin power cable is soldered directly to the PCB. The footprint has a pitch of 0.125″ and drill size of 0.060″.
- GND – black wire
- +12V – red wire
- -12V – white wire
The 1U Tile format is designed to have a small depth, so they are “skiff friendly”. As of this publishing, the Tile depths range from 15mm to 36mm, with most in the 15-20mm range.
Panel Specifications (Typical)
- width: 30.48 mm (1.200″)
- height: 43.18 mm (1.700″)
- mounting drills: 3.175 mm (0.125″) diameter
- mounting (x mm, y mm): (4.95, 3.00), (40.18, 3.00), (4.95, 25.27), (40.18, 25.27)
- mounting (x”, y”): (0.195, 0.118), (1.582, 0.118), (0.195, 0.995), (1.582, 0.995)
- Tile panel specs
PCB Specifications (Typical)
- width: 27.94 mm (1.100″)
- height: 28.70 mm (1.130″)